The Necker Hospital is a French hospital for children in central Paris (15th district). The hospital opened in June 1802. It was the first paediatric hospital in the Western world.
The Necker hospital has 420 places for children and 173 for adults.
The two physically contiguous hospitals were merged in 1920, but the Necker division continued to care for adults and Enfants malades for children.
French physician René Laennec invented the stethoscope in 1816 while he was working at the Hôpital Necker.