Cardiology and cardiac surgery in France
France is one of the leading expert surgical treatments of heart diseases. Most of head of state come here to have a treatment of heart diseases. Cardiology care in France is important and the State finds that its health care costs are unbearable.
- The first heart transplantation in Europe was done in France in 1968 by French cardiologist Christian Cabrole
- The first biological prosthesis of heart valves was created by professor Alain Carpentier
We offer medical and interventional treatment for all heart-related disorders:
- Diseases of the coronary arteries and cardiac muscle
- Diseases of the cardiac valves
- Diseases of the pericardium (acute and chronic pericarditis)
- Peripheral and central vascular disorders
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
Cardiology care in France is delivered both in hospitals and private practice. 3800 private practice cardiologists handle 80% of all cardiologists appointments and call for 50% of hospitalizations, while 2400 cardiologists, of whom half are academics, work in hospitals. The Health Minister sets the cost of each medical act and patients have 70 to 100% of their expenses reimbursed depending on the seriousness of their condition.
With the health sector being highly regulated by the French government, private medical treatment in France is of excellent quality and very competitively priced.